Saturday, July 7, 2012

Smokey Eye At The Office!


Yes that's right ladies if you haven't tried it yet what are you waiting for; A Sexy Smokey Eye that can be worn to the office!

Like a lot of ladies out in the workforce now-a-days I have to put a lot of thought into what type of makeup look I want to wear to the office.  I mean it gets old doing the same "Natural Look" everyday but I can say with all honesty I am not that adventurous to wear a bold makeup style to work.  A lunch conversation with a good friend got me thinking why couldn't I wear a Smokey Eye to work and thus began my research on a Daytime Smokey Eye look for work.

The key is creating a lighter version of the dramatic Evening Smokey Eye.  Look for slightly sheer shadows that you can build upon and staying away from the traditional black and gray colors that have made the evening look so infamous.  This is when the fun begins experiment with lighter colors such as lighter browns, purples, greens, pinks, blues, etc.  I tried several different color blends with browns and purples being my favorite but I also created a cute green blend.  It took me a while to get use to the greens because I never really wore a lot of that color (I got into the brown color trap and didn't even realize it).  Don't be afraid of color just keep it light and true to your own eye color.

Keeping the crease color as minimal as possible is another key feature in creating the daytime version of the smokey eye.  Using your crease brush stroke the color into the crease of your eyelid.  Keep in mind as with the evening look you don't want to create that black eye effect so using the crease brush instead of your fingers to blend is always a suggestion of mine.   

Of course picking an eyeliner is just as important because you still want to create that sultry look that is so famous of a smokey eye but adding a light eye shadow to the liner under the eye will give the daytime smokey eye effect and it will open your eyes as well.

Remember it is very important that you moisturize your face including the eyelid area and applying an eye primer to the eyelid area will keep the eye shadows in place for hours.  So have fun experimenting and creating your own day time Smokey Eye!


Mary Ann Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment