Monday, July 16, 2012

The Fedora Hat; A Timeless Accessory Piece



I have always had this fascination with the Fedora Hat but when I wanted to wear it this particular hat was not in season.  So of course when i saw that hats where making a huge return for the 2012-2013 Fall/Winter Season I was very excited to see the Fedora Hat listed as one of the trendy pieces and I had to go out and buy one immediately.

I believe the reason that I love this style of hat is that it goes with just about any fashion trend whether it's a causal luncheon with friends or a night out on the town this trendy hat looks good with any outfit.  Interestingly the Fedora Hat was first worn in the United States in a play written by Victorian Sardou called Fedora, where the heroine was Princess Fedora and she wore a hat similar to what is now the trend style.  It was considered a female fashion until the 19th Century when it developed into a male fashion trend and was popular for its look and because it could protect the wearer's head from the weather.

I have noticed that hats have been a huge accessory piece on the runways this season for both men and women.  The designers have taken the Fedora Hat and put their own chic spin on it making this classic accessory appropriate for any fashion occasion.  I would highly recommend adding this accessory piece to your closet.  It's timeless and creates a very chic look to your wardrobe and you won't be disappointed.

Mary Ann Estes

No comments:

Post a Comment